Long-Term Recovery Task Force
Led by President & CEO PJ Prunty of the Greater Danbury Chamber of Commerce, the Long-Term Recovery Task Force is comprised of community partners from the business and nonprofit sectors of the city.
To strengthen Danbury’s economy by bolstering local businesses and nonprofits by strategizing ways that focuses on the health and wellness of their employees and the Danbury community while safely increasing commerce and the delivery of services.
- Identify resources for local businesses to utilize
- Provide ongoing support for businesses beginning the reopening process
- Act as a conduit between relevant governmental agencies
- Obtain industry-specific feedback and needs
- Communicate feedback from businesses back to DECD and relevant state departments
- Work to identify unmet needs resulting from COVID-19
- Existing resources that can be leveraged
- Advocate for additional resources/ assistance
Cynthia Merkle, President & Chief Executive Officer of Union Savings Bank
Gary Hawley, President of The Hawley Companies