Sports, sport clubs and complexes, gyms, fitness centers, and pools can open in Phase 2. Each outdoor sporting event field will be limited to two teams, officials, and limited family members. Indoor sporting events will be limited to 50% of building capacity or 25 people (which ever is smaller) per field, court, pool, rink, etc. For indoor sporting events, capacity limits can be exceeded but only to include one parent/guardian per athlete. Sports that are allowed to be played include all age ranges. Gyms, sports clubs, and fitness centers that do not provide organized sports shall operate at 50% capacity. Establishments that require customers to wear a mask while exercising must maintain 6 ft of space between equipment. Establishments that do not require customers to wear a mask while exercising must maintain 12 ft of space between equipment.
As we continue to reopen select businesses on June 17th, we will open at our strictest controls on business operations and societal interaction. This will include, among other measures:
• Capacity limit of 50% for most businesses that reopen.
• Strict cleaning and disinfection protocols in all settings.
• Those who can work from home should continue to do so.
• Those in high-risk groups (comorbidities) and over the age of 65 should continue to stay safe and stay home.
• Facemasks should continue to be worn in public at all times.
• Social gatherings will be restricted in accordance to the Governor's executive order.
PERSONAL PROTECTION FOR EMPLOYEES
• All employees are required to wear a facemask or other cloth face covering that completely cover the nose and mouth, unless doing so could be contrary to his or her health or safety due to medical conditions.
• Employees may utilize their own cloth face covering over that provided by their employer if they choose.
• Gloves and eye protection are required when using cleaning chemicals.
PERSONAL PROTECTION FOR CUSTOMERS
Customers are required to bring and wear masks or cloth face coverings that completely cover the nose and mouth unless doing so would be contrary to his or her health or safety due to a medical condition. Customers do not need to wear a mask while engaged in physical activity if 12 ft of distance can be maintained, but should as they enter and exit the facility and use the
PERSONAL PROTECTION FOR CLASS INSTRUCTORS
Class instructors do not need to wear a cloth face covering during classes if they are partaking in physical activity as long as 12 ft of distance can be maintained.
PERSONAL PROTECTION FOR COACHES/STAFF/ATHLETES
Coaches and staff are required to wear a face mask or cloth face covering when unable to easily, continuously, and measurably keep 6 ft of physical distance from others, unless doing so would be contrary to his or her health or safety due to medical conditions. Athletes are encouraged to wear face coverings when not engaged in active play. While engaged in the active play of sports or strenuous activities, athletes do not need to wear a face covering. However, athletes shall wear face masks at all other times.
Employers are responsible for enforcing revised capacity limits (50%).
Post clear signage that reinforces new policies, e.g.:
• Social distancing protocols
• Cleaning and disinfection protocols
• Personal protection protocols (face masks, gloves)
• Employees shall stay home if sick/experiencing symptoms
• Customers shall not enter if they are experiencing symptoms
For facilities with central ventilation systems, increase ventilation rates and increase the percentage of outdoor air that circulates into the system where possible. For facilities where a central ventilation system is not used, window air conditioning units or unit ventilators should be adjusted to maximize fresh air intake into the system, blower fans should be set on low speed and pointed away from room occupants to the extent possible. Ceiling fans should be adjusted so that fins are rotating in a direction that draws air up toward the ceiling rather than down onto occupants. Window fans should be turned to exhaust air out of the window in the direction of the outdoors. Window fans that blow air into a room or free-standing fans that only serve to circulate existing air around a room should not be used.
Temporarily close common areas, break rooms, check-in counters (unless touchless), where customers or employees may congregate.
SOCIAL DISTANCING MARKERS
Install visual social distancing markers to encourage customers to remain 6 ft apart (e.g., the entrance to the facility, locker rooms, class spaces, fan areas).
Consider limiting length of activities to avoid unnecessary exposure, decrease congestion, and allow for additional sanitization.
Adjust equipment layout and close or restrict access to equipment to maintain at least 6 ft of distance between equipment.
Employees shall clean all equipment frequently, and customers must wipe down equipment after each use. This includes free weights.
Establish and clearly mark “workout zones” for use of dumbbells and free weights.
• Free weight exercises that require a spotter cannot be conducted while honoring social distancing norms. Safety measures in all forms must be strictly enforced in the weight room.
Front desks should be outfitted with Plexiglas or other similar type of barrier.
Close or remove amenities non-essential to businesses' main function (e.g., babysitting, arcades).
HOTLINE FOR VIOLATIONS
Post clear signage that includes the state hotline (211) for employees and customers to report potential violations of these rules.
Disable or mark every other or every third locker for non-use to enforce 6 ft social distancing requirement.
• Facilities where lockers are assigned to members are not required to disable lockers but must enforce social distancing requirement.
• Remove any casual seating other than benches by lockers as necessary.
• Disable or close-off showers except for rinsing before and after any pool activity.
• Disable or close-off steam rooms and saunas.
• If independent showers are available and used, they must be attended and sanitized between each use.
Athletes, coaches, and customers shall be required to bring their own water bottles. Water fountain use shall be restricted to water bottle filling stations only. Congregating at water bottle filling stations shall be limited and signage reinforcing the use of water bottle filling stations only must be displayed.
IMPORTANT: Read the document below in full before reopening your gym.
Read the Full Details