The Department of Health and Human Services Community Health Division is responsible for the investigation of infectious diseases within the City of Danbury. We provide a variety of preventive health programs whose goals are to increase a healthy life span for Danbury residents. Our programs include partnerships with public departments and physicians. Over the last year, we have focused on COVID-19 Pandemic response.
• Administered 18,675 COVID-19 vaccines at our Rogers Park Middle School clinic location from December 2020-June 2021.
• Hired 11 part-time community health workers to assist with COVID-19 response, outreach, contact tracing, and vaccine clinic operations. 4 of them achieved a certificate and became a Certified Community Health Worker.
• Hosted 2 mass flu vaccination/COVID-19 testing sites and additional smaller scale flu clinics with other community partners and organizations.
• Administered over 1,300 flu vaccines at various clinic sites.
• Conducted contact tracing for over 12,315 cases and contacts in an effort to mitigate the spread of COVID-19.
• Coordinated community COVID-19 testing with Federally Qualified Health Centers for vulnerable populations.
• Collaborated with local community organizations to provide COVID-19 vaccination services including scheduling, outreach, education-based tabling events, and the establishment of clinics.
• Creation of COVID-19 Public Service Announcements, including radio advertisements on Danbury stations and a commercial.