Danbury Council of Veterans
Danbury Council of Veterans consists of 6 veterans organizations. The Council is responsible for making arrangements for and conducting all Veterans Memorial ceremonies in Danbury. In addition, the Danbury Council of Veterans is responsible for organizing and carrying out the Memorial Day Parade. The Council meets on the 3rd Monday of every month (7:00 pm at Veterans Hall in Rogers Park) to review and discuss details of upcoming ceremonial events.
Upcoming Ceremonies & Events
- Maine Day Ceremony, Thursday, February 15th at 10:00 am at the Monument on the corner of West St. & Division St.
- Vietnam Memorial Service, Thursday, March 29th at 10:00 am at the Vietnam Monument in Rogers Park.
- Memorial Day Parade, Monday, May 28th starting at St. Joseph’s Church at 6:30 am. Wreath laying following Church service. The parade steps off promptly at 9:30 am.
- Korean Memorial Ceremony, Friday, July 27th at 10:00 am at the Korean Monument in Rogers Park.
- World War II Ceremony, Wednesday, August 15th at 10:00 am in the Rose Garden at Rogers Park.
- Vietnam Moving Wall Ceremony, Monday, September 24th at 10:00 am in front of the War Memorial Building.
- Veterans’ Day Ceremony, Sunday, November 11th at 11:00 am in front of the War Memorial Building.
- Pearl Harbor Day Ceremony, Friday, December 7th at 10:00 am inside War Memorial Building.