The Information Technology (IT) Office is a division within the City's Department of Finance and provides the technology tread for all City departments. IT's core responsibilities include providing an uninterrupted flow of information internally and externally throughout the organization in the most efficient and cost-effective manner. Also, IT's Support Solution vendor, CIS, has partnered with the City through an RFP selection process, to provide scalable IT Support Solutions for the City's departments. As part of the Managed Services Contract, the City's IT Manager oversees all vendor operations and directs the Information Technology function.
Our Accomplishments 2021 - 22:
- Developed a robust secure internet access connection system for all city offices which utilizes multiple 1gb internet circuits with redundant paths.
- Critical Computer technology life-cycle deployments completed: 75 end of life computers have been replaced, new file backup system appliance for the City Hall Data Center has been integrated.
- Successfully Refurbished and Upgraded the Data Center Enterprise UPS to provide double the emergency battery power to the City's main IT Infrastructure (1 hour and 25 minutes).
- Migrated the City's legacy AS400/iSeries Server to a Secure Cloud system to provide better legacy application access and Disaster Recovery capabilities.
- Successfully deployed and supported over 35 iPads and 70 laptops and enabled secure remote work capability for all key staff during the COVID-19 response.
- Integrated a new Enterprise Network Security Appliance and Secure Hardware VPN System. This system will further secure the city's network, improve network performance, and further secure satellite offices.
- Continued Implementation of a new Fiscal ERP/Payroll HRIMS System, Tyler-MUNIS. This a major functional software upgrade which will streamline city operations and provide even higher levels of data transparency.
- Replaced legacy Arcserve Systems Backup Appliance.
- Completed Implementation of a new Time & Attendance System, KRONOS Dimensions, which will provide both automation and reporting features to assist the Payroll Process.
- Completed Implementation of computer and network technology for the new Emergency Operations Center at City Hall.
Major Objectives for 2022 - 23:
- Implementation of new City website
- Complete Implementation of new Fiscal ERP/Payroll HRIMS System, Tyler-MUNIS. This a major functional software upgrade which will streamline city operations and provide even higher levels of data transparency.
- Replacement of the end of life Copier-MFD fleet.
- Replacement of end of life Storage Area Network Infrastructure for City Hall systems.
- Streamline and further automate Public Meetings recording and archiving system.
- Implementation of a Secure Cloud Based Backup & Disaster Recovery System for City Hall Department Systems and Network Files.